google.com, pub-2423788721909791, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Beavis And Butt-Head Watch Zappa's Music



In 1993, a short cartoon came out on MTV that was practically all music videos named Beavis and Butt-head. None of the producers ever guessed that it would revolutionize TV as we know it! Beavis and Butt-head, who are two idiotic teenagers who spend most of their time watching music videos and making crude comments about them were the main characters and whenever they weren't on the couch, they were testing the patience of the town around them, Highland. The staff at Highland High, Beavis and Butt-head's high school, were all hilarious! These two idiots were the first time kids were portrayed realistically on TV and opening up the floodgates for other sick and twisted cartoons! All in all, long live Beavis and Butt-head, or something. Huh huh huh. Towards the end of his life Frank Zappa claimed he only watched Beavis and Butt-head, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and The Simpsons as entertainment on television. In one of the Beavis and Butt-head episodes, "Canoe" (October 1994) the duo watch Zappa's music video You Are What You Is, but become so annoyed at what they see that they change the channel. Since Beavis and Butt-head rarely changed the program, even if they hated the music video they were watching, this scene angered some of Zappa's fans.

However, in one interview Judge claimed: "Frank Zappa was another one who made a really nice quote about 'Beavis and Butt-head.' It was, like, on his deathbed. He said three or four really nice things when he was being interviewed. Then somebody said, 'Put one of his videos on 'Beavis and Butt-head' and have them rag on it!' I think he had said to have them do that. So I did it and I had this backlash from fans... I was just trying to give him his dying wish, but I just pissed everybody off."



 Beavis and Butt-head -"Canoe" (October 1994)


Beavis And Butt-Head Watch Zappa's Music Beavis And Butt-Head Watch Zappa's Music Reviewed by frank zappa newspaper on 14:41 Rating: 5

1 comment :

  1. Uh! I always found these characters scary for the kids. I don’t know why they made it like this but I can surely watch it if it is good but will not be able to show it to my kids. I have found some nice shows by Andy Yeatman for my kids though and I know they will learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.