google.com, pub-2423788721909791, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

FZ Albums With Steve Vai

Steve Vai started his career as a music transcriptionist for Frank Zappa in September 1979 after passing the abnormal audition, he recorded and toured in Zappa's band for several years.
Steve Vai 



Other albums:

And:


Steve also made a guest appearance on the first evening of the 'Zappa's Universe' shows on 7 November 1991 which resulted in one other concert of Zappa compositions in April 1995.

FZ:«I feel comfortable playing with Steve Vai, I mean, I like the way he plays. I think he's really a great guitar player. He does everything on the guitar that I don't do. He does all of the stock Stratocaster noises and he makes everything that Van Halen ever dreamed of and then some. He reads music. He plays sixteenth notes which I don't play. And he does all of this stuff that I don't do; and I think that our styles are kind of complementary. He's a good musician and I enjoy playing with him because he's not just a Mongolian string-bender. And he's a thoroughly trained musical person. And I like working with him.«



There’s a story that Frank once told Steves tone was similar to a ham sandwich.



Steve Vai: «That was after the first gig I ever did with him. We were having breakfast, and I said, “How was the gig last night? What did you think?” I was looking for advice and criticism. He said, “You know what, I think you’re a pretty good guitar player.” That, right there, was an amazing statement to hear from him. But then he said, “But your tone sounds like an electric ham sandwich.” That was just Frank’s way of saying I had to work on my tone. By that, he meant that the way you hear yourself, imagine yourself, is the way you’re going to sound. The way you think about the way you play is going to be represented in what comes out of the amp. It’s not in the gear, it’s in the way you hear yourself.«
FZ Albums With Steve Vai FZ  Albums With Steve Vai Reviewed by frank zappa newspaper on 07:11 Rating: 5

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.